What is a paragraph?
- It is normally the first sentence of the paragraph.
- It conveys the overall point of the paragraph.
- It helps the writer focus on the idea written about.
- It helps the reader know about what the paragraph is all about.
- They are sentences used to support the main idea stated in the topic sentence.
- They give more information about the main idea through examples.
- They say in details what the topic sentence says in general.
- They should be clear evidence that what the topic sentence says is trustworthy.
- They should be strong convincing points on which the topic sentence can rely upon.
- It is a reflection of the main idea pronounced in the topic sentence.
- It sums up what the topic sentence and the supporting details talk about.
- It is the closing sentence that reminds the readers of what they have to value.
- It is compulsory for the completion of the paragraph unity.
- It eventually indicates the end of a paragraph.
- It prepares the reader for a smooth transition to the next paragraph if there is one.
How to write your paragraph
- In this stage it is important to specify the topic you are intending to tackle.
- Take a sheet of paper and just start jotting down notes that have tight connection with your topic.
- In this stage, mistakes and word-order are to be overlooked momentarily.
- After you gathered the data necessary for your topic the next step is to be taken.
Aspirin can be a fatal poison. People are used to taking aspirin whenever they feel pain. It is true that aspirin is an efficacious pain-killer for example in headache cases. However, aspirin is like any other medicine can be dangerously harmful. Any unregulated use of it may result into the damage to the lining of the stomach, prolonged bleeding time, nausea, vomiting, ulcers, liver damage, and hepatitis. It is scientifically proven that excessive use of aspirin turns it into a toxin. Its toxic effects are Kidney Damage, severe metabolic derangements, respiratory and central nervous system effects, strokes, fatal haemorrhages of the brain, intestines & lungs and eventually death. Thus, the careful and regulated use of aspirin is most advisable so as not to turn into a deadly poison.